turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 8936 EV worksheet not populating 8936 form

Just downloaded TurboTax 2018 and discovered the 8936 Electric Vehicle credit worksheet isn't properly populating the 8936 form.  I entered all required data but regardless of how many times I select the 'open 8936 form' button, the 'form copies' created don't capture the data entered in the worksheet.  Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Any suggested workarounds?  Seems a simple, obvious bug.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Thanks for the post @donnanneman! This experience is due to the fact that the IRS has not finalized all of the forms for 2018, including Form 8936. This means that TurboTax will provide updates to the software once the IRS finalizes all the forms for the 2018 tax year. You can check the IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products page periodically for more info on when forms will be ready and be sure to update your software often over the next couple of months. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello this a silly question to ask, I wanted to see if I can go through the Turbo tax and try to see if I can get through it on my own, My Taxes are done, but I think I want to see if I can run through to see if I get something different, my tax person maybe left out some things, will I be able to go through the whole thing even though I already filed ??? Ive tryed going to the person myself and they brushed me off, wanted to , wanted to see for myself. Thanks

Need help !!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies