turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

username

Suggestion for 2018 TurboTax Business

Hey TurboTax for Business 2018 software developers - why don't you include the function to import financial data for trusts in 2018?  I purchased this expensive software for 2017, thinking it would have the import function, since other much less expensive TurboTax products do, and I was quite unhappily surprised to find the software lacked this function.  The WHOLE REASON I purchased TurboTax Business was to make the filing of a trust return easier, but then I had to enter all of the financial data myself.  This is just dumb.  Add the feature - it's already written!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Its not available for business returns (including trusts) in my Intuit professional software either...I've never used the import function in any return....too many chances of things coming from the bank or employer not formatted correctly and landing in the wrong place, and it takes too long to double check that all the info imported correctly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
username

The import function is not mandatory - I'm just asking that they make it part of the Business version for those people who would like to use it.  It's part of the Premier program, so it could easily be included in the Business program also.

It would be handy, yes.  But I doubt you'll see it in the TurboTax Business program.  Its completely separate and different from the Individual programs (Deluxe, Premier, Self Employed).

If they haven't made it available for the Professional Tax Packages that cost thousands of dollars, the chance of them including it in the DIY Business package, is very slim.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies