Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor I

Subtracting tax exempt dividends in VA state return

I have $1800 in tax exempt interest dividends from Vanguard mutual bond funds that I noted in my federal return. How do I subtract these exempt dividends from my state (VA) return?  It doesn't amount to much (about $40 based on the percentage charts that Vanguard provides)?  Do I enter $1760 in the Exempt U.S. Bond Income field or is there some other place I enter it?