turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Olna

Forced to buy the Florida state extension

I sent this post already in one of the Intuit/TurboTax websites, but their websites are so fragmented that I don't know if it actually happened. Sorry if you saw the previous post somewhere else already.

So I am a CA resident, filed an extension.

I finally finished my taxes, and I go to finish my state taxes, pay for the $45 fees for the CA state. I have a rental property in Florida, so Turbo Tax tells me that I should add Florida state as non-resident. Except that I already filled the DR-405R a while ago.

And I can't move forward within Turbo Tax, it keep telling me "Get done with state?", I click Yes, and it shows me all the states that I have to pay for. It knows that I have CA state paid and installed, but it does not allow me past that. And TurboTax keeps looping between those screens.

Am I really just getting forced to pay for the Florida state, even if I don't need it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Olna

Forced to buy the Florida state extension

Hmm, so actually I ended up paying $45 for my state CA, but it should have been a free state, included with my install. I am a long time user of TurboTax, but this seems all broken. 😕

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies