Credit score age

I had a car loan from years ago (my last car) that I paid off. On your site it says I’ve only had a year worth of credit history. How do I add my older one that was paid off in full so that it helps my credit score and credit history?
3 Comments
Catalyst V

Credit score age

Only a creditor that lends you money can submit your payment data history to the credit reporting agencies. It would appear that the lender of your last car loan did not do that, which I find rather odd. Unless of course, it was one of those "fly by night" dealers that sells cars and advertises "we finance" or something akin to that.

Credit score age

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask my bank who I financed the car through. And no, it was a Lexus dealership. Thanks for the help.
Catalyst V

Credit score age

On the fly-by-night lenders I'm not referring to your well known car dealers. It's more like "Don's Used Cars" operating out of a trailer in an empty field with maybe 20-30 cars and advertising things like no credit checks, and we finance. The one's who if you don't pay, they "personally" collect. Also be aware that there are three major credit reporting agencies. Transunion, Experian and Equifax. Not all of those who report credit will necessarily report to all three. Then, not all those who check credit will necessarily pull from all three. I don't know what service or services TurboTax may pull from.