turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlohani
Intuit Alumni

Credit Card Inquiries

I was shopping for a mortgage at the end of last summer and was super careful that all my credit checks would be within a 2 week period. But I'm still seeing 8 credit inquiries on my report (I thought the bureaus would recognize my - actually - financially responsible behavior and would count them all as 1). Any ideas? Do I need to call all three bureaus to have them fix it?? Can it be fixed? Any experience you've had would be helpful!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Credit Card Inquiries

Credit inquiries account for less than 10% of your overall credit scores. Although you do have 45 days to shop around (for mortgages, car loans and student loans), each credit inquiry is added to your credit report. However, the amount of inquiries does not affect your score within that time frame. For instance, your 8 inquiries equal one on your credit report (even though each one is reported).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexxxiis

Credit Card Inquiries

I have the same problem! Still trying to figure out how this can be fixed.
lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

Credit Card Inquiries

Post removed. 

Credit Card Inquiries

Credit inquiries account for less than 10% of your overall credit scores. Although you do have 45 days to shop around (for mortgages, car loans and student loans), each credit inquiry is added to your credit report. However, the amount of inquiries does not affect your score within that time frame. For instance, your 8 inquiries equal one on your credit report (even though each one is reported).
bcmeyer32

Credit Card Inquiries

If this is true, why are the only 5 inquires on my account that are within a week considered a bit high?

Credit Card Inquiries

Are all five inquiries related?
Sometimes each credit pull can be placed under a different category. An example would be if you were buying a car. The car dealer pulls your credit (catagorized under automobile dealer) then thier finance company pulls your credit (catagorized under auto finance). That could be considered under two separate credit pulls.
Now let's say you decide to get your auto loan through a bank or private lender, that's a third inquiry, most likely catagorized under personal loan.
S31
Returning Member

Credit Card Inquiries

Shilaray Pagan

[address removed]

[email address removed]

There was no authorization to put inquires on my Turbo intuit 

Credit Card Inquiries

@S31 You need to edit your post to remove your name and address; this is a public forum. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies