CAZ
Visitor II

Unexpected fees?

So, today I received mail from Civista Bank, enclosing a list of fees and a check for my federal refund. This is odd, since I asked them to direct deposit- their claim is that it failed, which is understandable, but what isn't, is that I was not notified of this occurrence so that I could correct it.

Beyond that, I've apparently been charged $39.99, which I've come to understand that this is for paying out of my refund, instead of using a debit/credit card? This is also odd, since the order details shown on my Tax Home Dashboard, say the total is $29.99, which is the only fee I was aware that I was going to be paying- it's what I believed I paid last year as well.

Finally, there is a third fee on the list, showing as "Other" for $20.00- I have no idea what this is for. Any clues out there about what this could be?

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.