turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

softpaws
Returning Member

Turbo Tax did not generate Maryland Form 502CR - has created a mess with my taxes in 2014

The state of Maryland did their own computation of my 2014 taxes and did not allow the tax credit that Turbo Tax included in my state return because there was no 502CR form with the return.  TT entered an amount to be credited on line 25,  of Form 502 and the instructions state that a 502CR form must also be included, however it is not there. In reviewing my entire pdf of my return for 2014, there is no 502CR with this return, although in other years this form, 502CR, is in fact included in the Maryland return.

This error has cost me well over $700 in additional taxes, late fees and interest charges.  All because this form was NOT part of the return that I printed and sent to Maryland.

Can somebody tell me how I can find the 502CR that was used to calculate this tax credit? Or the worksheets? Maryland said I can send in an amended return with the 502CR. I believe Turbo Tax is responsible for this error and would like to see it resolved in my favor.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbo Tax did not generate Maryland Form 502CR - has created a mess with my taxes in 2014

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

softpaws
Returning Member

Thanks for the link, and I will call them - again.

Yesterday I spoke at length with a very helpful, thorough CPAs that Turbo Tax provides to answer questions. When she reviewed my return she thought it was quite odd that the form was not there and said she would note my file.  

The person who reviewed my situation at the Comptroller's Office of Maryland today said he remembered there was a year when Turbo Tax did not generate that form and that taxpayers had to call in to TT to get it.

I'm trying to figure out how the software came up with the credit; what questions did I answer that caused the program to put the credit on that line on the return.  It's all very strange and makes me question whether I can trust Turbo Tax to do my taxes correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies