turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund Status

Why is Turbo Tax saying my estimated refund date is 02/04/2019 but IRS is saying I wont get anything before 02/27/19

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Refund Status

If you have EITC or Child tax credit those returns are held until after the 14th of February. Federal law change in 2016. 

Refund Status

DID YOU ACTUALLY CALL THE IRS AND GOT THIS FROM THEM OR JUST READ FROM THE WEBSITE?

CALL AND THEY MIGHT SURPRISE YOU WITH A DIFFERENT ANSWER

ALSO WHATS YOUR STATUS ON THE WMR SITE?

Refund Status

They are a federal agency that has to follow the law. They can't just make it up as they go.

Refund Status

f you claimed any of the child tax credit those refunds will be held until 2/27 site does say people can start checking on 23rd. I have used turbo tax for over 10 years topic 152 doesnt really mean anything just explains the process 

Refund Status

SOME GET IT EARLIER THAN THE 27TH AND I DONT KNOW WHY

Refund Status

Thank you

Refund Status

CCMAINE-  is the wheres my refund telling you that you are approved with a direct deposit date of 2/27? TT is also telling me anticipated of 2/4 but my wheres my refund is still just showing accepted under my SS# and tax topic 152 under my husbands as of 2/1.  We have no EIC or ECTC.

Refund Status

If you claimed child tax credits those returns are held until 2/27 IRS saids you can start checking 2/23 if you didnt claim any child tax credit give 21 days returns are pulled randomly not by date .

Refund Status

I know, right? Thats what I keep telling people, but looking at some prior comments in other threads, I guess im full of bull**bleep** or something. Its like explaining to a wall, and it happens every year. Im 42, ive been filing taxes for awhile, I know how this works. I get it, people want their money, so do I. I need 600.00 in brake work. But Im still waiting like everyone else for the process (that doesn't change) to happen. Its the same every year. Somebody gets their tax return, doesn't specify if they had Additiional CTC, or they filed an EZ form, and they get their return. Cue the flood of EIC and Child Tax credit filers all worrying incessantly or bashing on TurboTax for "holding their money" when it has nothing to do with TurboTax. 

Refund Status

here is the link to the IRS on this topic 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/what-to-expect-for-refunds-this-year

this second link specifically discussed those who claimed EIC and ACTC

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Refund Status

As of today 2/6 still no refund.... TT still showing estimated DDD of 2/4 WMR isn't even showing that they have received it under my husbands SS# and only one bar if I look under mine, Accepted on 1/14, I called and spoke with someone at the IRS yesterday. After I explained I had been told by several people they were having the same issues with the WMR sight and had ended up ordering their transcripts to see when they would be getting DDD. Also some had their DDD and the WMR was still showing the same status if only accepted and not even approved yet.

The IRS agent informed me that none of that was possible... The WMR sight is NOT having any issues, DDD would not hit bank accounts before it shows up as accepted and have a date on the WMR. Ordering transcripts will not give you information on your current return status.

I then told him/her that I had also head of people that were accepted the same time mine was having received their DDD on or around the 28th.

I was Very rudely informed again "so I could understand" what they told me above and that it isn't possible for anyone to have gotten a DDD on the 28th as they didn't even really start processing until that day.

So I don't know, I am not seeing any movement on mine or light at the end of the tunnel

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies