Need to amend 2018 return

I made a mistake I had noticed after filing because I didn’t know that a newborn is counted as living with you all year (he was born in October) and therefore didn’t get the child tax credit but a $500 “dependant credit” . I’ve been wanting to ammend online but the days has changed three times to when it will be available and still is not today even though it’s suposee to be. What else can I do??
3 Comments

Need to amend 2018 return

I've been wondering the same thing???

Need to amend 2018 return

Yeah I'm going through the exact same thing I had a new baby born in September and was unaware that to select a full year for newborn and I didn't get the eitc either I'm waiting for forms and today still nothing

Need to amend 2018 return

Thank you for your patience! The 1040X is releasing today, by the end of the day. Some users are already reporting it is available. Please be sure to log out and then back in to receive updates on TurboTax Online. Also, please see,  How do I amend a 2018 return in TurboTax? for more info.  Don't forget taxpayers have 3 years from the date of filing to amend.

Congrats on your new babies! Please also see,  Can I claim a newborn baby?, for more info on reporting your new child in TurboTax.