turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EFile Payment Options

I originally selected that I would mail a check for my balance due, when I efiled my taxes.  Now, I would like to pay via credit card.  Is that allowed?  I assumed it didn't matter as long as they got paid and it was linked to my SSN, but got a weird message that it cannot be changed after the efiling is accepted...not sure if that means via the software or if that's a government rule.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

EFile Payment Options

You can use this link for payment options.  Unfortunately, you have already efiled so the filing has been sent already

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-credit-or-debit-card

KimE
Level 2

EFile Payment Options

Hi -  You can go to the IRS website and pay by credit card, no problem.  The website to go to is https://www.irs.gov/payments  Congratulations on being done!!

EFile Payment Options

Thanks to you both. I realize the link to go to, I was just worried that since I originally efiled and clicked that I would mail a check with the voucher, that it was the only option to pay now. My return was accepted weeks ago but I was waiting to pay. I would rather just pay via credit card than going to post office. Just wanted to make sure they were not going to penalize me since I said I would mail check instead.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies