turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Discount code / link doesn't work E-file Status

I had 3 different discount codes. None of them worked. I have a 50% promotional link, a 20% off link from a friend's referral and 15% discount from Robinhood. NONE of them worked.

Tried different browsers, tried logging out and clicking the link, tried clearing the browser history and cache and none of it worked!

TURBOTAX marketing is clearly a scam with false statements. I will NEVER use Turbotax ever again. This is absolutely unprofessional! :( I will inform my friends to stay clear of this site as well.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

When using a discount link or coupon from a coupon site for Turbo Tax, you must be signed out of your Turbo Tax account and then go to the discount link or coupon on coupon site and click there and then sign into your Turbo Tax Account through them, the discounted price will then be activated and show up in Turbo Tax.  It is not an unprofessional thing for Turbo Tax to offer a discounted price for their product, you just have to know the correct way to access the discount.  You could have called Turbo Tax and asked a representative and they would have told you how to get the discount.

lerryjee

Do you work for Intuit or own stock? Because surely you must be jesting. I have tried calling them with the same question and what they tell me is -- They have no clue. Tier 2 has no clue. 

What they are great at is raising the price year in and year out. Next year, I'm moving my business elsewhere. You all should too.

robe4648
Returning Member

From what I've been experiencing, it seems that Intuit has decided not to honor the Robinhood discount.  Throughout my use of TurboTax and the associated Robinhood discount link, their system displayed the Robinhood logo boldly at the bottom of each page which made it seem like everything was going to work out.  However, when it came time to pay ... it acted like it was never an option.  I also tried the code, still no luck.  Pretty frustrating. 

I was logged out of my account and logged in through several discount sites, including Turbo’s own discount link. Still showing $80 to file for fed and state. Impossible to get anyone by phone. I’m just going to switch to another service if this isn’t resolved. No one should pay that much for a simple return. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure before you go through the discount link, you are logged completely out of Turbo Tax. Once you are logged completly out of Turbo Tax, click on the link that is offering the discount and log in from there. Be sure not to navigate to any other site during the process. Once you are logged in to Turbo Tax, click on "File". Follow the path and you should see the discount you were offered.

You can also give it a try using incognito mode (Chrome) or in a private browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox)

rmc512
Returning Member

That is not true. I have been logged out of TurboTax, clicked the discount link and the discount still doesn't apply. I have found you need to apply discounts BEFORE you start the return.  TurboTax is the only site that operates this way. Most other sites allow you to apply a discount when you check out. Very frustrating. 

Could you type the code  manually? I did this few times.

promocodius helps me to choose the good offers

@lodep098 

You tagged onto a thread that is a year old.   Any discounts given by any company for the TT program must be accessed thru their sites.  You must access the TT program thru their portal everytime until you pay for the program to get the stated discount.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies