turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ammended return

I did taxes last year and they forgot two of my children one under the age of 13 and one that's 17 that was in school full time 18 she turned 18 December 31st of 2018
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Ammended return

Have you prepared your taxes using TurboTax? If so, please use this link to amend your tax return. If you prepared your taxes somewhere else, you would first have to recreate your original return, then use the above link to amend. Your other choice is to contact the preparer and ask to correct (amend) the return. 

Ammended return

my husband and I had to file bank ruptcy in 2018, when we filed we had to change our bank accounts to new ones. the only automatic draft we could not reach was metropolitan life to change the bank account. metropolitan life cancelled the policy on 12/10/2018 for non payment. we received a letter advising us of this and letting we would be receiving a 1099. when we received the 1099 it was a 1099r instead of a 1099c for a cancelled debt. my husband finally found a phone number in the letter and called to see if he could renew the policy and was told that if he did reactivate the policy we would need to pay over 50,000.00 dollars to pay off the old loans that we had against the policy. when we received the 1099 the gross distribution for old loans was 52,362.57 and the taxable amount was 21,477.27 and the worth of the policy was 30,885.30 we need to know if the 21 thousand should have been on a 1099c because this was money that we received between 1975 and 1995, and if so do we need to file an amended tax return. thank you lila julian

Ammended return

It was not a cancellation of debt ... it was a redemption of a policy.  Sending the 1099-R was the correct and they will not change the form and there is nothing you can do about it except report the distribution as required. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies