turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

4.1.18 (Refund Blues) refund status still been processed

It’s April 2018 and I filed 1/29 was excepted 1/30. I called the irs once on 3/5 and was told my refund is under review and that I would have to wait 60 days and to call back afterwards if I have not received my refund. The rep also told me I haven’t been issued a letter. But a few days later received a letter on 3/09 stating I’m under review blah blah blah and that no action is needed at this time smh. I haven’t called since and I kind of trying not to bug but hell im impatient monitoring this sight and checking the wmr page every day. It’s now April and Im still receiving the same generic message, “your tax return is still being processed, a refund date will be provided when available”. This is so frustrating when it April and I still have no ideal when I will get my refund. If this happened to you before, please provide me with some closer on how long this process will take and your experience with this on the past year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Since you are at the 60 day mark, give the IRS a call for a status update, 800-829-1040. But basically, they will take however long they need to when conducting a review, unfortunately.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, but I was told that my 60 days started after the date my letter was issued

Haven't been through it before but am going through it now... 2 days after first letter I got another letter that said wait and do nothing now.

What did ypur first letter say if you don’t mind me asking.. I only got one and it states the same as your second letter, “wait 60 days, nothing is needed now”.

Sure. First letter said 45 days from date of letter then second said 60 days from date of letter. But they both said I didn't need to do anything. It's so frustrating just waiting

I absolutely feel the same way. I knew we would have to wait just not this long. I’m trying to do without but it’s hard to ignore the fact that my refund can come anytime and the ideal of not knowing when, keeps my mind pacing. Hopefully we’ll get it soon. Finger crossed and thanks.

It is now May 5th and I received my refund yesterday. WMR still reads the the same message “still processing”, and did not update but deposit hit my card. My 60th day would have been up on the 7th this month(May).SMH but glad it’s over.. until next year.

I’m going through the same process. I still haven’t received my return and when I call the irs they say I have to wait. I’m glad you atleast got yours. It gives me hope mine will soon come.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies